Thursday Night is Burger and Beer Night Royal Oak
Choose from our selection of hand pressed gourmet burgers and get a can of crafted artisan beer, a bottle of Coca-Cola or a bottle of Budweiser on us.
We only use rice flour in our burgers so without the bun they are gluten free.
Burger and a drink for £11.95
First choose your burger from the following: homemade seasoned lamb, beef, Cajun chicken breast, falafel or Holme Farm venison burger.
All served with our freshly hand cut chips, salad, and onion rings.
Then choose how you’d like your burger.
- Classic Royal Oak – served with Taw Valley mild cheddar cheese and crispy bacon.
- Chef’s Special – with brie, cranberry and bacon.
- The Blue Boar – served with blue cheese, mushroom and crispy bacon.
- Full English – with a fried egg, black pudding and crispy bacon.
- The Italian – dressed with wild rocket, shaved parmesan and pesto.
- The Mexican – with spicy Mexican cheese, garlic dill gherkin and chilli sauce dip.
- Yorkshire Blue – with blue cheese and mushroom.
- Naked burger – a bun free burger with mixed leaves and new potato salad.
You can now book a table online via our website.
Please use the form below:
The Royal Oak serves up really good food!
Some of the choices on offer include beer-battered haddock and chips, homemade pie of the day and Scottish salmon fillet, as well as some dishes with international influences like the spicy Moroccan tagine, pasta and risotto. Why not head over to The Royal Oak on a Sunday and tuck into the traditional Sunday lunch? Located in the historic heart of York, this city centre pub is popular with tourists with its close proximity to a number of attractions. Book a table a get yourself down to Goodramgate for real ale, comforting cuisine and some good old Yorkshire hospitality!